In February 2017, the Guild Giving Foundation launched its first annual scholarship program. Now each year, the Foundation will award up to 10 collegiate scholarships, worth $1,500 each, to full-time students from across the country.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply at the start of each new year. Full-time students must apply by April 15 for a chance to win one of the annual scholarships.*
All Guild Giving scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
• U.S. citizens or nationals
• Minimum current 2.5 GPA, supported by official high school or college transcripts, or other official records
• Be enrolled full-time in a U.S. high school, have graduated from a U.S. high school or have obtained a U.S. GED at the time of application; or be enrolled full-time as a college student at the undergraduate or graduate level
• Must be accepted or enrolled in a full-time collegiate or trade school program which includes accredited colleges, community colleges, trade schools, undergraduate and graduate degree programs
*As full-time students, community members, Guild customers, Guild employees and their dependents are eligible
How the program works
Submit the following application materials to GuildGiving@GuildMortgage.net:
• Completed application form (see below), including a one-page essay and statement of career objectives
• Official high school or college transcripts demonstrating current average GPA of 2.5 or higher
• One letter of reference or recommendation from a teacher, coach, or other adult who is not an immediate relative
• Incomplete or illegible applications will not be considered
Application materials must be received by April 15. An independent third party committee will review all submissions and select the award recipients. All scholarship applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by June 15. The scholarship monies will be dispersed directly to the recipient’s school of choice upon notification and in accordance with the school’s scholarship guidelines.
Open the Guild Giving Scholarship application form (fillable PDF)
Depending on your system:
• Click “Print to PDF” or “Adobe PDF”
• Under printer destination, choose “Save as PDF” and click Save
• You will be prompted to rename the document and save it to your drive
If you have Adobe Acrobat, you can right-click and save the application form to your drive for fuller functionality (e.g., copy/paste).
Scholarship winners 2018
In its second year, the Guild Giving Foundation awarded scholarships to applicants from across the country.
Below are the recipients of this year’s scholarship winners:
Texas A&M University
Northern Arizona University
Saint Louis University
Idaho State University
University of Oregon
Northern Arizona University
Southern Methodist University
The Guild Giving Foundation scholarship has given me the opportunity to focus strictly on my studies and succeed in my classes. Specifically, the scholarship helped pay for all the books and additional tools I need to be successful.
The financial strain of going to college can be very stressful, but the foundation has eased that strain. Because of [Guild Giving], I am able to focus on learning and preparing for my future career, instead of constantly worrying about my financial situation.
I am very grateful for the Guild Giving Foundation’s contribution to my education, and for their help in allowing me to accomplish my dreams and reach my career goals. I cannot wait to see what the future holds!
This scholarship has not only helped me financially, but it has given me support in my endeavors. It has been a privilege and a blessing to be supported by a company that has such a great mission to give back.
This scholarship money immensely contributes to my tuition costs for nursing school. My education is my number one priority and I am very passionate about my future nursing practice…Receiving this money alleviates the financial stress of school tuition from my active schedule.